Friday, January 11, 2013

First Appointment!

So many things have happened since the last post, culminating in our first OB appointment!  I guess there's a lot to cover, so we'll get started!

I thought I was going to have it easy with the morning sickness this time around (since it hadn't really shown up by Christmas time and I was feeling pretty good).  And then it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Throwing up, and lots of it along with random dry heaves.  Sometimes even at night, the nausea hits.  We were somewhat prepared for this, as your daddy promptly stocked up on ginger ale and some crackers.  We also hit up Babies R US for the "Preggie Pops".  And last but not least, I still had some Zofran left over from your brother.

Even with the Zofran (which I had been carefully rationing out!), I was still throwing up sometimes, but at least it took the edge off enough to go to work.

And with my careful rationing, I took the last left-over dose this morning right before the doctor's appointment.  So moving on to that...

Everything looked great!  One little baby in there, nice flickering heartbeat on the screen!  You measured perfectly on at 7 weeks, 1 day (which is what I calculated you out to be anyway!).  I got a flu shot and some blood drawn (out of my HAND, instead of my arm, which failed).  The next appointment there will be in February, and then we just have to schedule the NT scan for around that time as well.  The NT scan is one of my favorites, as you will have grown so much by then, and it's fun to see you jump around.

As soon as the pictures are scanned, I'll post them...even though there's not a ton to see...just a tiny little blip on the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment