Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Hazy Thursday Post

Time sure has flown by!  Since your brother, Daniel, has been sick for this week (and either me or your dad have been home with him), I have to make myself think about what day it is!  Today you are 9 weeks along!

I'll start with something fun before getting into recent happenings.  With your brother, Jared, I did one of those silly online gender prediction things.  Here's what came of yours!

Madam Zaritska Predicts:

The day you deliver, outside will be hazy. Your baby will arrive in the late evening. After a labor lasting approximately 5 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 5 pounds, 5 ounces, and will be 20 inches long. This child will have light gray eyes and some black hair.

At least that was more reasonable than Jared predicted to be over 14lbs!  

Anyway, the morning sickness continues, but it's being kept under control with the help of Zofran.  However, one of the unfortunate side effects of that medication is that it causes constipation.  With all the stress of the week before (had Jury Duty, had to go to an early "business breakfast", and was interviewing a ton of potential interns), I'd forgotten that I hadn't gone, and I was still a bit dehydrated in general.  

All of this came to a head over the weekend (and luckily, resolved!), much to my distress.  I can still feel the lingering cramps and intestinal pains.  At least that's what I hope it is.

Monday (which I had off for MLK day) came a new development.  With lingering pain in my sides (intestinal), I went to the bathroom, and upon wiping, had some blood.  Well, it was more like pink.  And so the spotting started, although not a TON, it's enough to make me paranoid still.  The spotting has gone between mostly pink, to some definite red, to some brown, and back to pink.  When I called the doctor's office, they didn't seem too concerned, and I'm really trying not to be.  Next appointment is on the 11th, which is about 2 weeks away.

In any case, the morning sickness continues...and as your daddy says, that makes him feel a little more secure, even though it's not a pleasant reminder that you're still there!


No comments:

Post a Comment