Thursday, September 5, 2013

Four Weeks Old - My Favorite Things

It's hard to believe it, but you are four weeks old today (and will be one month on Sunday!).

I thought I'd take a minute (or two or ten) to write about some of the things that you are doing and some of my favorite things about you.  Of course, a favorite thing is that you are a girl, which might not seem like a big deal, but it's "different" than being a boy like your brothers are, even though right now it's pretty much the same things going on...aside from us treating you like a girl and dressing you like a girl and all of that.

One thing that is my absolute favorite (and a bit different from the boys) is your smile.  Yeah, newborn smiles are considered to be not really intentional (or just gas, as so many people like to say), but I don't care.  Even if they are gas or unintentional, they're a preview of what your smile will be like when you do mean it.  It seems like you smirked and smiled right from the start, and it really brightens my day (usually several times a day) when I see you smile...both when you are awake or sleeping, or even when you are eating.

I love your little facial expressions.  Your eyes are so bright and it makes you seem very alert and interested in whatever is going on.  You seem very happy when we give you attention by talking to you or playing with you, and it seems like you can't wait to join your brothers in play time.

I love your cuddles.  There are many afternoons where I can (and have!) dozed off while you sleep on my chest.  I love the way you snuggle up and get very relaxed when you have your ear pressed to my chest to hear my heartbeat.

In terms of other things you are doing...you are staying awake for a little longer period of time now.  Usually an hour or so, but sometimes as long as two hours awake without too much fuss.  You are eating A LOT.  More than I remember your brothers eating in one sitting.  I honestly have no idea how you are fitting that much into your tummy, but as long as it works for you, I guess it's fine!  You're getting stronger, too, and moving your neck muscles a bit to try and hold your head up.

Well, that's about all for the moment!  It's so much fun watching you grow and seeing you get to experience things for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment